Director, Business Value Management
Ervin Martinez currently serves as the Director of Business Value Management Practice for MS Dynamics at Microsoft. In this position, Ervin leads a team of value management professionals in demonstrating the usefulness of Microsoft’s Dynamics applications in helping enterprise-level businesses be more effective in resource planning and customer relationship management. Before joining Microsoft, Ervin served as a Chief Enterprise Architect for SAP’s Americas Business Transformation Services Cloud Adoption Practice and as a Managing Principal for SAP’s Spanish Speaking Latin America Value Engineering Practice. Ervin has also served as a Chief Economist for the Government Development Bank of Puerto Rico and as the Director of the Puerto Rico Small Business and Technology Development Center.
Ervin has a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and holds multiple professional certifications, including in Financial and Business Acumen, Data Analysis, and Value Negotiation.
Professional Experience (selected)
Academic Background and Professional Certifications
- Director – Microsoft Dynamics Business Value Management Practice (current position)
- Chief Enterprise Architect – SAP Americas Business Transformation Services Cloud Adoption Practice
- Managing Principal – SAP Spanish Speaking Latin America Value Engineering Practice
- Chief Economist – Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico
- Director – PR Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Principal – Advisory Services – Deloitte
- PhD in Economics – University of Massachusetts, Amherst (1996)
- Areas of specialization – Business Economics, Financial Economics, Value Management, Cloud Economics
- Professional certifications – Financial Analysis and Business Acumen (INSEAD Business School 2017), Data Analysis (Northwestern University Business School 2019), Value Negotiation (INSEAD Business School 2018)
- Econometric Modeling and Analysis – Georgia Institute of Technology (2000)
< Back to Members