Business Development Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
You’re a strategic thinker who loves to connect dots between various people in your network. You like to solve problems, understanding how one person might be able to help another. You enjoy developing creative strategies to increase engagement with business executives through LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social platforms. You love to create and foster intimate business relationships.
You have a knack for all types of communication—whether it’s a phone call, email, tweet, comment on a blog post, or a handwritten note. You like to learn and constantly look for new ways to achieve your goals.
As a Business Development Specialist, you will:
- Qualify, Educate, and Inform Prospects. You will qualify prospects based on our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and Ideal Target Profile (ITP). Facilitate ongoing relationships with prospects by educating and informing through sharing relevant thought leadership and insights to shape their perspectives, influence their thinking, and gain credibility.
- Build and Foster Relationships through Social Media. By forming connections with prospects and through social selling, you will create exciting, new opportunities for Ecosystems with key stakeholders at some of the best companies in the world. You will use targeted communication to secure meetings with top-level executives.
- Conduct investigative meetings with prospects. You will engage with professionals on various levels within an organization to determine if there is a buying opportunity.
- Investigate how we can help others. You will research the latest challenges that companies face and determine how we can help solve those problems.
- Monitor trigger events. You will keep a pulse on events that disturbs the status quo and may signal a change in the likelihood of the prospect’s desire to purchase. Through social media and using tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you will monitor for disruptive forces and trigger events to articulate a distinctive point of view, to be seen as a source of accessible and credible expertise, and to proactively reach out to the affected people and organizations.
- Develop strategic communication plans. You will work to understand diverse audiences and develop an organized and creative strategy for communication, understanding that pleasant persistence will be needed to gain the attention of prospects.
- Serve as an industry analyst. The possibilities are endless—you can share a relevant news article, suggest a helpful podcast, or send a handwritten thank you note.
- Meeting quarterly metrics. You must be comfortable with outcome-based success metrics.
- Passionate and gritty; excited to tackle challenging goals
- Self-starter with impeccable time management skills
- Understands how to inspire great conversations and build relationships quickly, comfortable with cold calling
- Engaging personality that is not easily deterred when faced with prospecting challenges
- Loves social media and knows how to connect with people through different platforms
- Writes in an engaging manner and possesses a professional energy on the phone
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional business experience a plus
- Ideally located in the Metro DC area, but a remote position is possible for the right candidate