To become more strategic in your B2B sales process, it is helpful to:
- Identify all the key decisions makers involved in the evaluation and buying process of your solution. (According to Gartner, the typical buying group for a complex B2B solution involves six to 10 decision makers.)
- Find out what the key decision makers value the most from the proposed solution
- Find key stakeholders from your side (the seller’s side) who can help address what your buyer’s value the most
Here are eight key points and questions to consider to help you navigate the political landscape in B2B sales:
- Gain clarity on who are the key buying influencers for each potential opportunity.
- Understand what is important to each of them.
- Assess whether they are for or against your company and solution or whether they are neutral.
- How does this stakeholder measure success?
- What are their personal value drivers?
- How can you, as the vendor, accelerate or enable their personal value drivers?
- Which internal stakeholder on your side (the seller’s side) is best aligned to the stakeholder on the buyer’s side?
- What action should the seller stakeholder take to the customer stakeholder to better align to their personal value drivers?
To learn more on how to navigate the political landscape, check out the video guide below.