How do you have a more holistic conversation with customers around value?
Geoffrey Moore, best-selling author, speaker, and advisor to high-tech companies, shares a framework for conversations to have before the close of a sale to lay the foundation for customer success and business value realization:
The acronym V2MOM describes an ideal customer outcome journey:
- Vision – Having vision allows sales teams to ask, “What is the current and desired future states of an outcome?”
- Values – Values represent, “What do you want to exemplify to customers in arriving at said future state?”
- Method – Method involves, “What are you going to do to get there?”
- Obstacles – Noting obstacles allows a team to realize, “What is going to get in the way of our goals?”
- Measures – Lastly, measures ask: “How have we measured success?”
To learn more, subscribe to the Voice of Value podcast.