Location: McLean, VA or remote (30% travel)
Type: Full Time
Experience: 8-10 years of experience
You are passionate about customer relationships and thrive on creating unique value for clients by seeking to understand their business problems, issues, and opportunities in new or different ways and offer creative solutions. You have experience in account management and business development that you use to build and strengthen relationships within strategic accounts. You excel at leading results-driven teams that share your obsession for great service to make customers “raving fans.” You are adept at empowering everyone on your team to develop their full potential and progress on their career path. You are a gritty hands-on executive willing to do whatever is required to exceed customer expectations and satisfaction. You are a masterful communicator who builds open, collaborative relationships across all levels and functional groups within your accounts.
As VP of Client Success, you will:
- Maintain and expand relationships with sales and marketing executives of Fortune 500 accounts.
- Proactively lead joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Ensure flawless execution of operational plans by supporting dedicated account teams, helping to coordinate internal resources and client contacts to add value within accounts and achieve performance targets.
- Coach and mentor a team of dedicated Value Consultants and Program Managers to interact more strategically as well as build their core skillsets to deliver on day to day activities.
- Build credibility within key accounts by further developing collaborative relationships with the program executive sponsors and managers.
- Participate and lead strategic account meetings; work collaboratively with dedicated account resources to provide continuous feedback on account metrics and program status to key stakeholders.
- Understand the organizational structure, dynamics, decision makers and influencers for each client to map key account relationships and a build a robust engagement plan.
- Oversee development of Executive Dashboards and reporting based on each client’s business initiatives and KPIs, that is highly visible within clients’ internal systems.
- Collaborate with the founding partners of Ecosystems as a key member of the management team to set vision and prioritize initiatives across strategic accounts to align with corporate objectives and allocation of resources.
- Create Raving Fans within client accounts at the senior management level to expand adoption within accounts, identify new opportunities for program expansion, and build a strong referral network.
- Optimize customers’ sales effectiveness with and through go-to-market team members in partnership with program sponsors and sales and marketing leadership.
- 8-10 years of applicable business, sales, or consulting experience or combined industry experience. Minimum of 5 years of consultative/solution-based selling and/or strategic client management.
- Responsible for managing and coaching a team of Value Consultants and Program Managers assigned to strategic accounts. Provide mentoring and support for team members to establish strong customer governance and strategic account plans as well as execution within each.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Inspires and supports team members to attain goals for their assigned clients and for professional growth. Identifies opportunities for growth and improvement for each team member.
- Management experience in hiring, training, and coaching a team with diverse backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively with others to achieve cross business goals and ability to utilize account team resources effectively based upon customer needs.
- Passionate about technology, able to dive into the value platform and help clients to use innovative, next generation platforms and tactics help drive their sales engagement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, verbally and in writing, conducts effective meetings, and conveys information at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of metrics, data, analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Broad expertise of Sales and Marketing processes, methodologies and technology stacks.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. MBA a plus.